Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

First doctors appointment!

I had my first doctors appointment yesterday... Sucks I have to drive about 40 minutes away for all of them! Ha ha! 
Everything went great! The office has like 9 Midwives, so that's pretty cool!  We tried to hear the heartbeat, but the baby is still very small and low, (obviously lol) so she brought in the little U/S machine and we saw the baby and s/he was blinking away! :-D 

I got that whole packet of stuff you aren't supposed to eat and bla bla bla... Then the Midwife asked all the questions... Do you smoke? No. Do you drink while pregnant? No. Do you wear your seat belt? Yes. Do you drink coffee? Yes, only one cup a day! ;-) Well that's good, but you know we'll want you to stop at 20 weeks...

Uhh... What?? I've never heard that! I've always heard one cup of coffee a day was fine! I drank coffee with both my kids and they're both fine! lol I know girls who had one Pepsi or some other kind of soda a day because they didn't like coffee or whatever. I know caffeine isn't the best thing, but I've always heard that one cup a day is fine.  I don't drink soda very often, and when I do it's usually Sierra Mist. I don't eat chocolate very often... a candy bar once in a while, or some chocolate milk or a cookie (OK So I usually have like 4-5 cookies... Who the hell can just eat one chocolate chip cookie?!) and sometimes I have an Iced Tea... So really I don't have a lot of caffeine. I need my cup of coffee every morning... I have 2 kids and I babysit 6 other kids... they get to my house about 7:30 in the morning... Don't take away my coffee! LOL

OK now that, my little tantrum is over... I guess I could switch to De-cafe... Maybe just the hot cup of coffee will be enough to trick me into thinking I don't need the caffeine... 

Ooh! I almost forgot! We scheduled the big U/S for September 3rd! I had to do it ASAP so that Beth and Mike could make arrangements to be here for it.  So I e-mailed Beth, just to make sure that date worked for them, so I'm just waiting to hear back! :-D

2 comments:

  1. My first pregnancy I was totally anal about giving up caffeine. Then I did the research and believe me I looked at every source possible and there is NOTHING wrong with moderate caffeine intake during pregnancy. The March of Dimes okays it and even AAP is okay with it. There is a table of reference and it's a pretty liberal amount that is allowed during pregancy. I really wonder what your OB's are basing this on.
    I'm sorry Kris. That's gotta suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I looked it all up too, and found all that! I'm keeping my damn one cup a day! LOL

    ReplyDelete